COVID Vaccine Workplace Policy
At Mundaring & Hills Physiotherapy, we are committed to providing healthcare that is both safe and accessible to our community. Our commitment to safety extends not only to our clients but also to our staff.
Throughout the course of the pandemic, we have implemented safeguard measures to ensure we protect our clients and our staff according to the latest health advice and the guidelines set by our professional body and regulators.
Vaccination Policy for Our Staff
As Health Professionals and administrative staff working in healthcare settings, we are subject to the mandate imposed by the WA Government and Health Department, meaning we are required to be double vaccinated and boostered (when eligible) with doses of an approved vaccine in the prescribed timeframe.
This means that ALL of the staff working at Mundaring & Hills Physiotherapy are now double vaccinated. This includes Massage Therapists and Reception and Support staff.
Vaccination Policy for Client Access to Services:
Mundaring & Hills Physiotherapy’s workplace policy with regards to client access to our clinic has been developed according to the guidelines of the WA Government, WA Health Department and also our regulatory body, AHPRA.
At this stage, there is no government mandate requiring people attending healthcare settings to be vaccinated.
However, those attending indoor gym or fitness settings do need to be double vaccinated to receive entry.
Our regulatory body, AHPRA, has issued a statement regarding access to healthcare with respect to vaccination status as detailed below:
“National Boards expect all health practitioners to facilitate access to care regardless of someone’s vaccination status. People cannot be denied care if steps can be taken to keep the person, health practitioners and their staff safe.”
AHPRA Statement January, 2022
Mundaring & Hills Physiotherapy Vaccination Status Workplace Policy
1. All clients regardless of vaccination status are able to receive Physiotherapy care at our clinic.
2. To facilitate access to open and shared exercise spaces, clients will be asked to share their vaccination status. This is optional, and with their consent, we will record it on their Patient File in the clinic.
3. Should a client not wish to share their vaccination status, we respect their wishes. These clients will still be able to access Physiotherapy care with our Physiotherapists and attend our clinic. They will be seen in a closed consultation room but will be unable to access the common treating areas, gym or studio.
4. If a client is unvaccinated or does not wish their vaccination status to be recorded on their Patient File, they will be unable to join our Classes, nor enter our gym or studio spaces during their consultation. These classes include Living Fit or Senior’s classes; Mat Pilates and Studio Pilates classes.
5. Hydrotherapy classes are held in a Government mandated facility, meaning that clients will need to be double vaccinated by 31st January 2022 to gain entry to the facility.
6. All clients must adhere to the government guidelines with regards to wearing of masks; social distancing and check in via SafeWA or ServiceWA register.